Normal Price RM 5000
Presented by: Dr James Lu In association with Yongho TCM Center Pte. Ltd.
Registration open for: Chinese medicine profession , Chinese medicine student , western medicine profession and western medicine student.
Date: From 29/10/2020 To 01/11/2020
Venue: Meliá Kuala Lumpur Hotel. Include lunch and tea break.
Times: 9am- 5pm
For any enquires please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
*See terms and conditions for cancellation policy.
This course covers the etiology, pathogenesis, differential diagnosis and treatment of common diseases of the musculoskeletal system in accordance with both TCM and Western medicine. Emphasis is placed on the differentiation of bone and soft tissue injuries related to common sports and industrial injuries. You will learn how to review X-rays and to treat patients with the most effective strategies, perform essential orthopedic tests to find the root cause of dysfunctions, recognize red flags in orthopedics, make appropriate clinical decisions, and evaluate the outcome of treatments. You will also learn how to competently instruct patients in the proper rehabilitation and the prevention of sports and industrial injuries. After attending this course, it will make your treatments much more effective with long-lasting results!
II. What you will learn from this course
Acupuncture Orthopedics incorporates Classical Meridian acupuncture with Orthopedic Physical Therapy approaches to impact pain, soft tissue injuries, and other chronic orthopedic disorders. Course content includes:
- Assessment of the musculoskeletal system for
- Soft tissue dysfunction
- Postural alignment
- Compensatory movement patterns
- And muscular integrity by using special tests, manual muscle testing, range of motion and movement patterns.
- Use of TCM organ diagnosis and theory, plus
- Trigger, Motor and acupuncture points
- Manual techniques for common orthopedic dysfunctions
- Referred pain patterns
- Myofascial mobilization techniques
- Kinesio taping
- Effective postural exercises that combine with other protocols to help the practitioner get the patient out of pain and provide long-lasting results.
III. Courses are devised into 4 parts. All courses include lectures and hands-on labs:
1. Acupuncture orthopedics for craniomandibular, cervical and thoracic spine injuries
(Temporomandibular joint pain, Neck Strain/ Sprain, whiplash, Disc Herniation, Instability, Postural dysfunction, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome)
2. Acupuncture orthopedics for lumbar, sacral and pelvic injuries
(Spondylolisthesis, Central spine stenosis, Lateral foraminal stenosis, Sacroiliac strain, SI hypermobility/ Malalignment, Scoliosis, Fibromyalgia, Facet Arthritis, Sciatica)
3. Acupuncture orthopedics for upper extremity injuries
(Rotator cuff injuries, Impingement syndrome of shoulder, Bursitis, Adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder), Medial epicondylitis (Golfer’s Elbow), Lateral epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow), Carpal tunnel syndrome, Ulnar/ Radial nerve entrapment, DeQuervain’s Tenosynovitis, Tendonitis, Myositis)
4. Acupuncture orthopedics for lower extremity injuries
(Trochanteric Bursitis, Sciatica, Ilio-tibial Band Syndrome, Knee pain, Patello-femoral joint Dysfunction, Osgood-Schlatter disease (Jumper’s knee), Meniscus injuries, Ankle sprain, Achilles tendonitis, Plantar Fasciitis (Heel pain), Tarsal tunnel syndrome, Gout, Bunion)
IV. Course Objectives
Participants will be able to:
– Discuss the anatomy/biomechanics of the spine and extremities and how the syndromes and other problems relate to each other.
– Perform the steps of the differential evaluation for the detection of spine and extremity dysfunctions.
– Discuss the key elements involved and use various strategies for effective treatment, including various styles of acupuncture, cupping, gua-sha, Tui-na, taping and manual techniques.
– Discuss exercise programs where indicated as well as contra‐indications.
– Discuss how to competently instruct patients in the proper rehabilitation and the prevention of sports and industrial injuries.